Sunday, August 22, 2010

Here it is, the solution

SPOILER ALERT:

Take a look at the riddle before you read about the solution. Trust me, you'll appreciate the effort.




Don't look unless you've tried to solve the riddle.


Did you?

Really?



I will show you the solution and then I'll describe how I messed with you mind and made sure you couldn't solve it thanks to the first trick.

The solution:
When you look at it, doesn't it strike you as EASY? I mean, all you had to do was to get outside the boundaries of the imaginary square. There is no square and the most likely reason you didn't solve it, was that my First Trick caught you. Most people when they see the nine dots arranged in a neat little square, will never think outside the box. They can use hours trying to do the same thing again and again, even though they KNOW that there is no solution within the square.

But that's the first trick for you. When I told you the riddle I made sure that you were focused on the square. And if I succed in that, you will never find the solution.

You've been had. Don't you think that this trick is used elsewhere, by someone else and that, somehow, you're missing out on the big picture, just because you're trapped in the first trick?

Get out of it, train you self to not take things for granted. Train you self to be critical of your self. Cause left to it self, your mind WILL accept anything. You need to add a healthy dose of self-observing criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment